In the inter-war period, magazines represented the most important source of information about current events at home and abroad. Already at the beginning of 1930, Antonín Hořejš opened the first public art-industry reading room of magazines in the premises of Slovak Art Forum; with it, he also commenced the activity of the first Arts and Crafts Museum in Slovakia. In the Reading room, there were available over 50 foreign, Czech, and Slovak periodicals from art-industry, craft, advertising, fashion, and art. Hořejš was well-informed about international events, and for Bratislava, he subscribed, alongside the traditional art magazines, also all crucial avant-garde magazines of the era, such as Das neue Frankfurt, Das neue Berlin, bauhaus, or Czech ReD. With the opening of the Vocational School’s new building at Vazovova Street, an excellent opportunity presented itself in moving the Reading Room to own premises and extend its reach also to art youth. After the absolute end of the Arts and Crafts Museum in 1932, the Reading Room of art-industry magazines was included to the School’s library where, after Hořejš’ departure from the School, they systematically complemented it with contemporary domestic and foreign periodicals.