The establishment and operation of the Painting Department at the School is connected mostly with the personality of its Head and Chief Pedagogue, Ľudovít Fulla. He came to Bratislava on the invitation from Josef Vydra when Vydra asked Fulla to take over a course in the Evening Courses of Drawing and Advertising arising at the Commerce and Industry Chamber in Bratislava in 1928. Fulla started as an external teacher of Vocational Schools; he was teaching Wall Painting; Decorative, Graphic and Figurative Drawing; and led a course for children. Since the 1932/1933 school year, the Painting Department came into existence at the School, and Fulla took up its leadership. Its focus was on painters of rooms, decorations, theatre and church painting, varnishers, sign painters, and drawers in advertising. Fulla taught Drawing and Designing and Figurative Drawing. The Painting Department focused on Home, as well as Promotional Painting. The instruction included a simplified way of drawing, new techniques such as collage, montage, frontage, photomontage, and others. From later known artists who studied there, it is necessary to mention Ľudovít Kudlák, Martin Tvrdoň, Tibor Honty, Viliam Chmel, Ladislav Guderna, or Martin Brezina.