“Our task is to make forms more readable. Normalisation, type of pure geometric forms and setting segmented optically according to individual content — these are the means we use in solving this task.”
The foundations for the Graphic Department were set in the 1928/1929 school year by Ľudovít Fulla; he was in charge of Decorative and Graphic Drawing, and in the following year, of the Decorative Drawing and Composition courses. The Evening School of Graphics started its activity at the School in the 1931/1932 school year, the young architect with internships at Dessau’s Bauhaus and Paris, Zdeněk Rossmann, was its leader. He taught Drawing, Designing, Layout, and Type. Working in Workshops was an essential part of instruction at the Department; Jaromír Funke and Mikuláš Galanda ran it apart from others. In the next school year, the name changed to the Graphic Department; there were fewer and fewer subjects rather than more.
In January 1932, Rossmann invited a prominent German typographer, Jan Tschichold, to the School; Tschichold had two lectures there. As a creator of directive rules, Rossmann patterned himself on Tschichold. He mainly emphasised rationality and used scientific research as a reference. The axioms Tschichold was spreading Rossmann ...
Typografia, Slovak issue,...
Josef V. Pleva: Kapka vody